There are multiple uses for your 50mm round wooden posts. Commonly used for staking trees, they can also be used for light fencing, electric fencing, animal runs, and even for keeping the dogs in!
Key Features of our Product:
- Scandinavian slow grown ultra strong fencing stakes from sustainable forests
- These are at least twice as strong a British agricultural grade tree stakes
- They are green tanalised (pressure treated) for long life
- All stakes are treated with HC4 preservative for a very long life
- Can be used as fencing stakes, posts, tree stakes and garden stakes
- Round stakes are stronger than square stakes
- Next working day delivery service
How to stake a tree:
It is best to angle your stake at a 45 degree angle and pointing into the prevailing wind. You need to ensure that your stake is far enough away from your plant that it is not going to damage the roots. Once you have positioned your stake, knock your post around 5 inches into the ground to prevent it from falling. Now your stake is in the correct position tie it to your tree using a buckle tie – avoid making this too tight. Your tree is now all ready to go!
Slow grown for extra strength:
Due to the colder climate in Scandinavian and Baltic countries the trees in this region grow much slower than in other parts of the world and the rings are much closer together. More tree rings mean stronger posts as the wood is much more dense. Stronger posts last longer and are less likely to break. Consequently, your 50mm round wooden posts will be more durable then a UK grown post!
(Please note wooden stakes may show shrinkage cracks as they dry which will open and close with the weather. This is normal for slow grown posts and does not affect their functionality – in fact it makes them stronger!)