There are multiple uses for half round wooden fence posts. They are most often used along with half-round rails. The most common uses are for: fencing, electric fencing, animal runs, and even for keeping the dogs in!
Key features of our product:
- Scandinavian slow grown ultra strong half round wooden fence posts from sustainable forests
- These are at least twice as strong a British agricultural grade timber
- All posts are treated with HC4 preservative for a very long life
- Comes with a 15 year warranty against rot
- These are ideal for any heavy duty fencing project or use with electric fences
- Much cheaper than DIY Stores
- Next working day delivery service
Slow grown for extra strength:
Due to the colder climate in Scandinavian and Baltic countries the trees in this region grow much slower than in other parts of the world. This results in the rings of the trees being much closer together causing the timber to be much denser. This increased density means the stakes made from this wood to be much stronger and less likely to break. This means your half round wooden posts will be more durable then a UK grown post!
How to knock in a fence post:
Usually you need to knock your post around 45cm into the ground – measure from the top of the post around 1.35m down and mark the post at this level – all your posts when knocked into the ground will then be the same height! Use a trowel to dig a pilot hole to help ease the post into the ground and then either use a post knocker or a sledge hammer to hit your post into the ground!
(Please note posts may show shrinkage cracks as they dry which will open and close with the weather. This is entirely normal with slow grown posts and does not affect their functionality.)