We are offering high quality mild steel 2.5mm Diameter Straining Wire in various lengths.
Key Features of our product:
- No more tangles or ‘birds nest’
- Exact measurement – sold by length not weight
- NO wastage – use what you need then thread the end back through the pre drilled hole in the spool ready for use next time
- Made in the UK
- Heavily Galvanised Mild Steel 2.5mm Diameter Straining Wire
- The wire is made to British Standard BS-EN 10224-2
- Galvanised to BSEN 10224 Class A
- Bare in mind that if you are using the wire for an art project or precision appliance that all of the different wires have a tolerance of ±0.2mm in their diameter
We stock many different diameters and lengths of straining wire. There is no exact science as to getting the correct diameter wire for your fencing purposes but in general terms:
- 4mm diameter wire is for cattle and large animals
- 3.15mm diameter wire is for very large dogs or animals in the same weight category as an e.g. alpaca
- 2.5mm and 2.0mm diameter wire is for animals the same size as chickens or small dogs
The main use of straining wire is to keep a a stock fence or a mesh net (e.g. chicken wire) taught all the way to the top. It also gives the fence more strength. Straining wire is also often used to increase the height of a fence (especially stock fences). If, for example, you were dog proofing the garden and you have a very bouncy dog (Collie) that could jump over one of our 1.2m tall stock fences, you could put in two lengths of straining wire above the stock fence at 10cm height intervals and that would make it much less likely for the dog to escape.